The food that you serve can make or break an event. Even if you’re a seasoned host, there may come a time when you will need to work with a professional caterer. When the time comes for you to plan an event that needs catering, here are some tips to make sure that you have a great relationship with your event caterer:
- Know your budget. Be up front with your event caterer about how much you have to spend. Also, make sure that you’re budgeting in staffing costs, beverages, service and gratuities. Be in conversation with your event caterer to see if they cover these items or if you’ll have to add another line item to your budget.
- Know your caterer. Do your research before reaching out to a caterer. Keep in mind the size of your event, the location and the vibe you’re going for and find a caterer that is a good match. Facebook, Google and Yelp are all useful tools.
- Listen to your caterer. Be respectful of the recommendations your event caterer makes. Depending on the size of your event, there may be restrictions in terms of what makes sense to serve. Event catering has many logistics—use your caterer’s expertise to your benefit.
- Location, location, location. Each venue has it’s own list of pros and cons. Some places will only let you use a specific list of caterers they have worked with before. Make sure you know what the venue’s alcohol policy is as well.
- Time of day. People have different expectations about the type of food being served and how much, depending on the time of day. If you’re scheduling an event that is during a meal time, folks will expect the food to be heartier.
- Be honest with yourself and your caterer about where the food for the event falls on your list of priorities. Is it the star of the show or playing more of a supporting role?
These tips will help you have a great relationship with your event caterer!
When it’s time to cater your event, contact us at Handheld Catering. From small parties to large events up to 1,000 people, we will cater your event with fresh, locally sourced food. We are your expert San Jose CA event caterer. Call us today at 408-692-4782 or email us at email@example.com. We’ll make your event one that everyone will remember!