Recently we were honored to be a part of a two-day event at the University’s Center on Global Poverty and Development. This research center works to improve the lives of the world’s poor and is working diligently to turn path-breaking research into real-world results. From research and awarding student fellowships to convening conferences and events, the Center strives to improve policies that will make people’s lives better.
What Was On The Menu
With 2 full days of breakfast, lunch, and snacks, Handheld Catering worked up an impressive menu for all four meals. Of course, as a Certified Green Business, we used all biodegradable products for all plating and utensils, as well as napkins the cups for beverages and coffee.
Day 1 Menu
- Fruit salad
- Egg, potato, spinach, bacon, mushroom, onion, tomato and cheddar cheese frittatas.
- Vegetarian option with egg, potato, spinach, red pepper onions and Swiss.
- Build your own bagel bar with assorted sliced bagels, sliced cheddar, and Swiss, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and avocado.
- Assorted juices, tea and of course plenty of coffee.
- Assorted mini muffins & mini scones with jam and butter.
- Assorted soft drinks, mineral water and lemon and mint-infused water.
- Baby arugula salad with orange and grapefruit segments, shaved fennel, red onion and a honey lemon vinaigrette.
- Seasonal vegetables.
- Garlic and leek mashed potatoes.
- Fried Sea Bass with a tarragon white wine sauce.
- Vegetarian entree which was roasted red bell peppers filled with wild rice, spinach, corn, fava beans, and tomatoes.
- Dessert was salted caramel brownies, lemon bars, and blueberry crumble bars.
Day 2 Menu
The Daily Start Breakfast
- Scrambled eggs with fresh chives.
- Roasted breakfast potatoes with red peppers and onions.
- Chicken apple sausage.
- Fresh fruit platter.
- Assorted mini croissants.
- Assorted Greek yogurt cups with granola on the side.
- Beverage service with coffee, tea, and juice.
- Assorted breakfast breads – banana, zucchini and lemon poppyseed.
- Assorted soft drinks and mineral water with lemon and mint infused.
- Steam basmati rice
- Aloo gobi with potatoes, cauliflower, and peas in Indian spices.
- Vegetarian option of Dall-Indian spiced lentils.
- Chicken tikka masala
- Dessert was individual gulab jamun/ mango fruit custards
You Need Handheld Catering
No matter if you’re having a formal event or a small social gathering, Handheld Catering can customize a menu that’s perfect for you. Whether you substitute certain items from one of our delicious menus or you have us craft one from the ground up, we will make a meal that you and your guests are destined to enjoy. Contact us today for your upcoming Palo Alto corporate event catering needs, wedding, reunion or just a gathering of friends. We’ll take care of everything – you just enjoy the party.