The end of the year is upon us and families are planning holiday gatherings—even during the pandemic. But the health concerns of COVID-19 do cause everyone to be cautious about how to celebrate the season together. This year, Handheld Catering and Events, an established Bay Area event planner and catering company, can help. We have gained considerable experience since March making intimate family gathering and other holiday private events safe and unforgettable in the best possible way!
How to Throw a Safe Holiday Party in 2020
Use “new normal” social precautions to keep everyone safe:
- Keep the guest list small so that everyone has a bit more space than usual. Our typical events now involve 10-20 people. And they often stay within family and friends who have seen each other regularly.
- Have invitees self-isolate for 10-14 days before the event, seeing fewer people and always wearing a mask in public. In addition, they can take a test just before the event (with enough time to obtain the results.)
- Remind everyone not to come if they don’t feel well, or if they may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or if they themselves are at elevated risk.
- Ask everyone to wash their hands often for at least 20 seconds and to also use plenty of hand sanitizer during the event.
- If we are the event planner, we provide plenty of PPE.
- We also clean and sanitize all commonly touched surfaces and any shared items between uses.
Ideas for Pandemic Holiday Parties
Here are some ideas to make family holiday parties great:
- Make the gathering extra special, and safer, by calling in the experts. As a Santa Clara catering company, we are familiar with current health mandates. We can work with your creative ideas for an outstanding menu and a unique presentation that will dazzle all the guests. Instead of the old standby buffet line at mealtime, we prepare individual plates which our staff serves. Appetizers are always single servings, now.
- For a more casual affair, we offer the option of Boxed Meal Services, as well.
- Have some extra fun with specially-prepared, decorated, and served desserts.
- Find a unique location for your holiday private event. A unique outdoor location can be safer and more relaxing (versus the traditional indoor kitchen or dining room setting) and more fun as well. Or pick another unique space to have the celebration gathering such as an outdoor event space with heaters.
- Bring on the music. You can listen to great holiday music or have a DJ safely present enjoyable music sets.
- Plan some fun outdoor activities for the kids.
Event Planners for Family Holiday Parties and Holiday Private Events
To stage a successful family holiday gathering this December, rely on our exceptional Bay Area catering and event service. Contact Handheld Catering and Events! We create unparalleled experiences through customized food, beverage, and event services, using sustainable practices with a team that loves what it does!