As the end of 2020 approaches, many companies may be inclined to skip trying to stage a company holiday party this December. But think for a moment: Employees are tired of virtual Zoom gatherings. Teams may really crave a safe in-person company gathering to celebrate working through this crazy year.
How about a memorable and safe in-person gathering instead? Handheld Catering and Events has already put on many successful, safe private events this Fall. So, we are well-prepared with Handheld Catering’s safe-event protocols and procedures. These will work very well for company meetings.
After all, with the distancing, disconnections, and disruptions of this year, it might be more important than in years past to uplift morale, recognize employees, improve the sense of unity, and celebrate together.
How to Have Safe Company Gatherings This Holiday Season
Successful and memorable company holiday parties in the Bay Area start with good event planning:
- Adhere to local health regulations and mandates, including group size requirements, mask-wearing, and hand sanitizing.
- Remind employees to stay home if they have been exposed to the virus in the last 14 days or are showing any symptoms.
- Make attendance completely voluntary.
- Allow enough space for attendees to keep socially distant as they mingle.
- Carefully set up proper food service procedures.
- Have Greeters to inform attendees about procedures. Also, replace shaking hands or hugging with clever ways to wave and greet verbally. This could be a nice ice breaker!
Great Company Holiday Party Ideas for 2020
Use these ideas for planning successful pandemic holiday parties and small company gatherings:
- Pick a date that will be the most convenient date for participants. With fewer private parties this year, a weekend might even work.
- Develop a theme that will be both fun and memorable that could also enforce social distancing.
- Create some pre-event buzz to stimulate interest and attendance.
- Provide clear attendance instructions regarding the dress code, time, and location, etc.
- Find an outstanding venue. We have the equipment to help you hold the event outside, even on a cool day, with heaters and fire pits. Or, find a great indoor space like a local museum, an office building lobby, a large restaurant space, or creatively use your own large company space.
- If you have seating, arrange chairs and tables to maintain some physical separation while still allowing lively interactions.
- As always, get a good photographer and prepare to stage some great photos. People will want to remember these unusual times once we are past them.
- Prepare some well-spaced activities and entertainment that everyone can enjoy.
- Perhaps most important, choose a Bay Area catering and event service company that will handle all the details like equipment rental and decorations, and provide an exceptional menu. It could be a full menu, just appetizers and desserts, or any combination that would work well with your agenda. Individual boxed meals are also a good possibility.
Get Expert Bay Area Event Planning and Catering Services
For exceptional Bay Area catering and event service, contact Handheld Catering and Events in Santa Clara. We create unparalleled experiences through customized food, beverage, and event services, using sustainable practices and an experienced, driven team that will exceed all your employees’ expectations.