Bay Area companies continue to work with the realities of the COVID-19 pandemic. Yet, despite social restrictions, they are exploring in-person company holiday parties. This is especially true this year, as employees are keen to reconnect with each other. The good news is that the holidays aren’t cancelled! Holiday team meetings and celebration gatherings simply need to be approached differently.
Reasons to Have Company Holiday Parties
There are many good reasons to have company holiday parties. They include boosting company morale and recapturing a greater sense of unity. Finding a safe way to gather also creates a stronger more focused team, gives you a chance to recognize employees, and improve company culture. These events also reconnect employees with company leadership. Finally, they can reduce stress, which all of us are feeling in abundance right now.
How to Throw a Safe Holiday Party
Since March, Handheld Catering and Events has developed several approaches that can make your holiday gathering a safe one:
- We follow local safety mandates and protocols for you, to keep you in compliance. That includes guidance on the size of event gatherings, health scans, mask-wearing, and sanitizing stations.
- We recommend communicating all requirements to attendees before the event and remind them again at the event site. Recommend self-isolating in the 7-10 days before the event, and even suggest testing.
- Design the space so that attendees can spread out while maintaining a sense of togetherness.
- Plan menu and service with safety in mind. The traditional open bar and buffet line are out this year, but cleverly prepared appetizers, main courses and desserts served by wait staff allow safe social interactions.
As a professional Bay Area event planner, we can work with all these conditions to deliver successful and gratifying company holiday parties.
Ideas for Pandemic Company Holiday Parties
Consider these ideas to accomplish the celebratory gatherings that will delight all who participate:
- Invest in great food and drink. Pandemic doesn’t equal boring for an exceptional Santa Clara catering company.
- Create an inviting atmosphere with clever decorations and table settings.
- Select a unique venue with adequate space for your event. Consider a theater, a big office lobby, or an attractive outdoor space. This may call for an afternoon affair.
- Arrange for great photography.
- Have fun with mask designs.
Your Go-to Resource for Great Company Holiday Parties
For exceptional Bay Area catering and event service, contact Handheld Catering and Events in Santa Clara. We create unparalleled experiences through customized food, beverage, and event services, using sustainable practices and a driven team that loves what it does!