If there’s one thing that the pandemic has taught us, it’s the importance of seeing our family and loved ones to celebrate family milestones. This is even when we must plan ahead and self-insolate for 10-14 days in advance of getting together.
Pandemic or no, family milestones like weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, new babies and retirements still occur. How can you celebrate with your loved ones this winter before vaccines get widely distributed? Here are some ideas for pandemic family celebrations.
Follow Local Regulations for Family Milestone Celebrations
Before any event, you should make sure you’re following all local, state and federal guidelines. Bay Area event planners like Handheld Catering and Events can help you stay up-to-date and plan your event properly. Keeping the visitor list for family milestone celebrations small also gives you more flexibility if things change for the better.
Hosting Family Milestone Celebrations This Winter
Celebrations can still happen! Here are some of our family milestone celebration ideas:
- Host the event outside, which bring less risk than inside gatherings. Put up a tent to adapt to inclement weather. Rent outdoor heaters or fire pits to provide heat and ambience.
- If you are hosting an indoor event, make sure there is plenty of space for ventilation and social distancing.
- Provide hand sanitizer, masks and other supplies that reduce the spread of germs.
- Keep the music lower to let people hear each other while they talk at a socially acceptable distance.
- Use single-serve menu items. We have servers pass the food to keep multiple people from handling utensils. Having the dishes served with circulating servers rather than hosting a central buffet also keeps people as appropriate social distances.
- Work with an experienced birthday catering company to reduce the stress of staging the event.
Respect Your Family’s Decision About Celebrating Family Milestones
Everyone has different opinions about their risk of COVID-19. Honor each other’s boundaries. Stay connected through video or phone calls during the event with those who wish to “attend” that way.
Great Events Demand Great Event Planners
Contact Handheld Catering and Events, a Santa Clara-based Catering and Event Company, for custom menus and dining options for your party. We have event coordinators and chefs who can help you with all the details to create a truly memorable celebration!