Searching for Experienced Catering Drivers and Servers in San Jose, CA
Handheld Catering is searching for driven individuals with serving and/or delivery experience to assist with catering delivery, set-up and serving for San Jose area catering jobs.
Handheld Catering is a San Jose based full-service catering and event planning company that offers fresh, high-quality, and (most importantly) delicious food to the entire San Francisco Bay Area.
The name Handheld Catering embodies our philosophy on food. We believe the food we eat should be plucked from the earth by the hands of farmers, hand-checked for quality by purveyors, and lovingly prepared into something unforgettable by the hands of the chef. That’s why at Handheld Catering we follow the Farm-to-Fork approach for our San Jose catering clients.
Location: San Jose, CA
Salary: $16.00 to $25.00 /hour
Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe environment, perform other duties as assigned.
Make deliveries in a pleasant, timely manner according to Company standards. Ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the company.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following: Delivering, setting up and breakdown of event catering buffet lines, refill drink and salads as needed. Setup drink stations.
• Observe all rules and company policies.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code.
• Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Manager.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
• Follow all approved procedures for deliveries
• Drive in a safe manner and follow all the rules of the road.
• Coordinate orders with the catering clerk.
• Practice proper “on location” customer service and communication.
• Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
• Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
• Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and highly friendly, courteous service or assistance.
• Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 40 lbs, and push/pull 200 lbs
• Repetitive Action – Driving to and from customer event locations and the company headquarters in a timely manner, assist setting up when requested, keeping delivery van neat and clean, keep maintenance records (gas/service)
• Working Conditions – Inside, outside, cold
• Safety Risk Factors – Twisting, slippery floor surfaces, cluttered floor surfaces, toxic exposure, nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions.
• Machines, Tools, Equipment – Catering delivery van
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education preferred but not required.
• Successful completion of a training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply on Indeed Today!
If you’re interested in joining our team, please click here to apply on Indeed, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.