Tips for Finding the Best San Jose Private Catering Company
Have you ever wondered, “How can I find the right private event catering company?” If so, you’re not alone: Hiring the perfect caterer can take any event from mediocre to unforgettably great. To that end, this post looks at how to get the most from San Jose event catering services.
Menu Advice from San Jose Event Caterers
To build an appealing menu, the experts at Handheld Catering have some advice:
- Create a balanced menu.
- Keep the event’s season in mind. A light summer dish may not work as well in winter.
- You can take some risks with side dishes and appetizers, but try to make sure entrees appeal to a wide range of tastes.
- Be conscious of dietary restrictions for gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan guests.
Choosing the best San Jose catering company will help tremendously with menu curation.
Advice for Hiring a Caterer
The right caterer will help you build the menu of your dreams. When you’re looking for the best caterer, keep these tips in mind:
- Find out the caterer’s particular areas of expertise. (We specialize in Farm-to-Fork event, corporate and wedding catering.)
- Find out if the food preparation is finished at the event location or if the food is finished offsite and then brought to the event. This will affect the food’s quality. (We finish the food ON site.)
- Ask for samples of their food.
- Find out if they offer services beyond food. (We’ll even provide tables/chairs and decor items.)
- Ask for references.
- Inquire about the caterer’s flexibility when it comes to special requirements. For instance, you might ask: How flexible are you in working around dietary restrictions? How well do you deal with schedule changes?
Doing this research will go a long way toward answering the question of: “Who should I hire for event catering?”
You should also check in with the venue. They may recommend caterers who are used to working at that venue. In fact, some venues have a list of approved caterers from which you must choose. Even if that isn’t the case, choosing a caterer who is used to the venue has its advantages; for instance, the caterer will likely be familiar with the venue’s policies, layout, and perhaps even have established relationships with venue employees.
Get In Touch With Handheld Catering for the Best San Jose Event Catering
Hopefully our tips have helped move you closer to finding the right caterer. If you’re looking for full-service event catering in the San Jose area, consider booking Handheld Catering. We deliver a wide range of services and menu options throughout the Silicon Valley Area. To get in touch, just fill out our online contact form, send us an email at email@example.com, or call 408-692-4782.