How to Throw the Best Backyard BBQ
Grilling Tips From Your Bay Area Event Caterers
With football season upon us, many people are planning to host parties and backyard barbecues. Sunday night football is the perfect time to unwind, relax, and kickback with your friends, family, and – of course – food.
For those seeking to make their backyard barbecue the best ever, ideas abound to take their parties from good to great. These include:
- Make it a theme party. Establish a unifying taste and aesthetic – such as Southwest, Hawaiian luau, or clambake – and engage your guests in festive fun.
- Groom your grill. Make sure your grill is clean, preheated, and brushed lightly with vegetable oil before you begin.
- Don’t “flip out.” Grillers need only flip meats once; any more will negatively impact the flavor and texture.
- Put a twist on the classics. Rather than serving up plain old burgers and hot dogs, try adding an unusual kick to one or more dishes. Gourmet sliders, unusual spices, and exotic salads add excitement to an otherwise ho-hum barbecue.
- Consider a caterer. Not everyone has the time or inclination to slave over a hot grill, and who can blame them? Fortunately, Handheld Catering offers barbecue favorites, like our watermelon arugula salad and scrumptious Hickory-smoked pork sliders with mango and jalapeno slaw.
We Offer Catered BBQ Options!
For the best catering in the Bay Area, look no further than Handheld Catering for everything from Southern BBQ to full-on wedding catering in the Silicon Valley. Check out our BBQ menu online or contact us at (408) 692-4782.