5 Tips for Planning a Successful Corporate Event
The company holiday party is a tradition across America; and these corporate events can range from fun gatherings that no one wants to leave to an awkward party that can lead to plenty of social stiffness. There is a certain skill involved in planning a fun, company holiday party, but the process isn’t magic. Here are 5 tips and tricks for a successful party that will boost morale and leave everyone in good spirits:
- Arrange a game. Introverts and shy coworkers often find holiday parties to be absolutely torturous. A fun game can help to break the ice and get people talking and interacting with one another. Have a white elephant gift exchange or, if you’re really adventurous, a game of pictionary.
- Play some music. No party is complete without music, and while your coworkers may not want to dance with each other (a la NBC’s The Office), playing some tunes provides some background ambiance for the party and can lighten the mood.
- Hire good catering. A corporate catering company can provide great food for your party and alleviate the stress of preparing a meal. Minor event catering is also perfect for snacks and refreshments, if you don’t want a full meal.
- Choose a theme. A fun holiday theme can help your coworkers branch out and express themselves outside of a workplace setting. Be mindful of diverse beliefs in the office, and keep the theme loose and cheerful.
- Relax and enjoy. Life is short. As much as you want to make the event perfect, give yourself a break, and make sure you indulge in the food and drinks too!
Hire the Bay Area’s Best Event Caterers!
Take the pressure off yourself and hire a team of professional event caterers. At Handheld Catering, we provide custom menu options, extravagant plated service, and can even accommodate groups of up to 1,000 people! We prepare and cook all ingredients onsite to deliver the freshest, hottest food possible, because your staff deserves the best! Get in touch with us to start planning your next corporate event. Give us a call at 408-692-4782 and browse our menus at handheldcatering.com/menu/.